Ryan S. Hobby, Esq.
Our firm, Hobby Law, P.A., of Clermont, is 100 percent dedicated to resolving your divorce and family law issues with professionalism, integrity and compassion. We understand the frustration that family legal issues can provoke, and we are committed to making your experience with the system as simple and stress-free as possible.
Ryan S. Hobby began practicing law in Florida in 2005. Mr. Hobby is a Florida native and graduated cum laude with a Bachelors degree at the University of South Florida. He was awarded a Juris Doctor from Santa Clara University School of Law in 2005. While in law school, Mr. Hobby won First Place for “Best Oral Advocate” in a regional competition, as well as “Best Oral Argument” and a “Certificate of Excellence” in Legal Research & Writing. Mr. Hobby gained family law experience working as a legal intern for family law attorneys in California while earning his Juris Doctor.
After becoming a Florida attorney, Mr. Hobby briefly worked as a criminal defense lawyer and thereafter handled worker’s compensation insurance defense cases and family law cases throughout the entire state of Florida. In 2008, Mr. Hobby opened his own law firm to dedicate himself to family law. He was certified by the Florida Supreme Court as a Family Mediator from 2008 through 2013. Ryan Hobby has represented many hundreds of people in his law practice. He has settled most cases, has practiced in court in hundreds of hearings, and has brought dozens of cases to a full trial in front of the Circuit Court in many Florida counties. If you want experience on your side, Mr. Hobby is ready to represent you.
Mr. Hobby was awarded the 2018 Lake County Pro Bono Attorney of the Year recognition for his representation of those in need through Community Legal Services of Mid-Florida.
Mr. Hobby is a family man and knows the difficulties that his clients face in family law, and he wants to help you too in your time of need. Hobby Law, PA. is completely dedicated to serving you.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Family Law
- Child Support
- Florida, 2005
- Santa Clara University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2005
- University of South Florida B.A, cum laude, 2000
- Valencia Community College, A.A., with honors, 1998
HONORS AND AWARDS
- First place Moot Court winner for “Best Oral Advocate” in regional competition
- Awarded “Best Oral Argument” in Legal Research & Writing
- Awarded “Certificate of Excellence” in Legal Research & Writing
- 2018 Lake County Pro Bono Attorney of the Year
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Family Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Lake County Bar Association
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Mediator, 2008 – 2013
- The Florida Bar
PAST EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS
- Associate Attorney at the Law Office of Edward T. LeFever, P.A., workers’ compensation and family law practice, 2006 – 2008
- Attorney at the Office of the Ninth Judicial Circuit Public Defender, Florida, criminal defense practice, 2005 – 2006
- Legal intern for family law attorney Martha J. Olson, Esq., San Jose, California, 2005
- Legal intern for family law attorney Martha J. Parker. Esq., San Jose, California, 2004
- Legal intern for Toshiba Corporation, Tokyo, Japan, 2003
A family lawyer for all Central Florida: Call Ryan Hobby at Hobby Law, P.A., in Clermont toll free at 888-99-HOBBY (888-994-6229).